Sunday, September 2, 2007

Feeling Good

Things that instantly put me in a good mood:
  1. Sunlight
  2. Friendly strangers
Now I find myself in a nation which has both of these in abundance.

The job, which was incredibly overwhelming at first, is now starting to make a little more sense, and I feel like I know what I'm supposed to do and where I can make a difference.

Last night I made friends with some local Bermudians, all in their twenties. Obscure connection - they were friends of my cousin's former residence don. Yeah, obscure. But you gotta make friends any way you can, right? All of them were really cool; friendly and fun-loving with great attitudes. The main activity of the night was a game of poker, in which the losers were punished with 50 pushups and the winner received a toy car. This happens every month. And a bunch of the guys like Jiu Jitsu. Naturally, we got along great.

So the job outlook is positive, new friends, sunlight, and a friendly culture. I'm definitely starting to warm up to the idea of living here, for as long as another year. Perhaps I shouldn't jinx it; the honeymoon will surely wear off. But for now, I'm loving life.

Spent today at the beach, which was awesome. White sand, warm water (crystal clear), and Harry Potter made for a relaxing day.

No comments: