Friday, August 31, 2007

Shorts...or Pants?

So I like to play this game when I'm walking down the street...

First, allow me to explain something. You know Bermuda shorts? Well people actually wear them here (hence the name). But not only do they wear them -- they love wearing them. And everyone does it. Men of all ages, races, and occupations don their knee socks and a pair of (often brightly coloured) shorts. The most popular colours seem to be standard navy and khaki, as well as a host of pastel colours (yellow, pink, turquoise), and "bermuda red". Which is really just red.

So back to the game...

So there are cars/scooters parked along the sides of the road, so often you'll see businessmen walking down the street and you can only see them from the waist up. So to pass the time I try and guess what they'll be wearing underneath: shorts...or pants (in my head I always say this like "Deal or No Deal").

I find I'm humourously wrong a large portion of the time. You see, you think you can judge by someone's appearance, but you can't. In one example, there was this old dude, a real old-money kind of guy: white hair, full beard, crisp white shirt, and a double breasted navy blue blazer with gold buttons. Very distinguished looking fellow.

He cleared the line of parked cars: pink shorts and red knee-socks. Awesome.

It's more fun than it sounds.

1 comment:

Lemur said...

There's a man walking by..I wonder what he's wearing.
*wiggles eyebrows*

That's not creepy, that's not creepy at all.