Sunday, August 26, 2007

The beginning

So I'm here. I'm on the island.

It's beautiful.

Perhaps I should elaborate. It's like I'm back in Europe. Can't say exactly which country. Perhaps a mix of Croatia and Italy. The building are all light pastel colours with pristinely white rooftops. All of them. Even government building and churches. Must be the style - I'll have to look it up on Wikipedia. The streets are narrow and the "city" of Hamilton is small and charming. I'm going to explore it a little once I'm finished here.

I just arrived at the place I'm staying for tonight; it's a beautiful furnished condo that belongs to a Project Manager that is taking a couple days off. He's got a spare room which I have taken for my own. I met some of the young IBMers I'll be working with, they seem like cool people. One from Denver and another from Vancouver. There's an assortment of cold beers in the fridge, but I think I may go off in search of real food.

I'm going to go now and rent a scooter. A scooter. I'm excited. It's going to rock.

More later, must go explore...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A scooter named H4? WHAT IS WITH YOU AND GIRLS NAMED HEATHER?!?!?